Saturday, August 30, 2008

class

To be a teacher offers a space for performance. you a a theater person and editor and director. At time you get good shots. Sometimes everything cooperate and you feel yo have prepared a good scene. Many flops follows and you realize you a bad film maker.
I thought of many ways to begin the South African novel "My Son's Story". I didn't begin with an account on Nadine Godimer.
We started with notions on creativity and relationship. how to construct oneself , violating from the notions of once parents. I asked then from where did they get their notions of love.
They started speaking of so many things. They didn't miss out queer relations.
IS it because they are students of English literature and their syllabus has been made politically as correct as possible? I'm happy with the Syllabus. Not just by reading it. But by experiencing the quality of sensibility in the students of third year B.A.
My colleagues might have done a good job.

No comments: